Sometimes it can be hard to find healthy, home made snacks, these healthy fruit and nut bars are super simple to make and super tasty too! There is no added sugar (the sweetness comes from honey and banana) and no butter either, making them a healthy snack for the whole family. The recipe below makes around 24 bars which keep for around 2-3 days, or you can freeze them too!
What You Need…..
25g pumpkin seeds
25g ground almonds
25g sesame seeds
2 x ripe bananas
100g rapeseed oil
Handful raisins or chopped apricots
3 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 or 180 degrees.
- You’ll need a baking tray around 20cm x 30cm, cover this with grease proof paper.
- Chop the pumpkin seeds into small chunks, then add the ground almonds, sesame seeds, oats, raisins or apricots and honey to the bowl.
- Mash the bananas and add to the bowl
- Finally add the oil to the bowl and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add the mixture to the baking tray and press down well so the mixture is in an even layer so the bars cook evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- When you remove from the oven mark the bars – this recipe makes approximately 24 bars but leave to cool before cutting up.
- The bars will keep in an air tight container for 3-4 days or you can also freeze them.