Vegan Super Bowl Recipe
We know the Winter months are here, but just because it’s cold doesn’t mean that you have to live on soups and stews. Try this amazing Vegan Super Bowl recipe from Ash, our head chef at the Supersonic Cafe.
He promises us it’s simple to make and I can vouch that it tastes delicious! You can always add some falafels or halloumi (if you’re not a vegan) for some variety.
What you need
- 1 Beetroot
- 200g Butternut Squash
- 140g Brown Rice
- ½ Avocado
- 30g Kale
- 50g Red Cabbage
- 2tsp Mixed Seeds
For the dressing
- 2tsp olive oil
- 55g Tahini
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic
Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together
- Wash and peel the beetroot then grate.
- Dice butternut squash and place in mixing bowl and add 20ml cold pressed rapeseed oil, salt and pepper place on a roasting tray and roast at 180c for 30 minutes. Allow to cool down to room temperature.
- Cook the brown rice cook for recommended time on the packet, once cooked place under running cold water until fully cooled then drain for a good five mins.
- Wash the kale and shred and then do the same with the red cabbage.
- Half the avocado, peel and then slice in half
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and then drizzle with the dressing
- Enjoy with a good book!
We hope you enjoy this vegan super bowl recipe, make sure you check out our blog for more health and fitness tips and recipes.