Where is Supersonic Fitness located?
Supersonic Fitness is located in Stonebow House, in the heart of York. You may remember it as the legendary Fibbers music venue and nightclub. We’ve kept the vibe alive by turning the iconic building into a space where you can workout, relax, meet friends and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Do you have top-notch facilities to help me perform?
Yes, we’ve designed every detail of Supersonic Fitness to create a unique space for fitness, health and wellbeing. Our venue is split over two floors:
- Studio X – our ground floor space hosts our bespoke Super60 classes in addition to some absolute classics such as Spin, HIIT, Circuit Training and lots more. When there isn’t a class on , Studio X is also an area where our members can enjoy lifting and using free weights.
- Studio Y – upstairs is our ‘zen’ studio where we hold yoga, pilates and barre classes
- Gym – also on the first floor you’ll find our state-of-the-art gym with its wide range of cardiovascular equipment, resistance equipment and free weights.
- Recovery zone – including a infrared sauna, Finnish sauna and ice experience.
- Café – the Supersonic Cafe is open to members and non-members. Whether you want to grab a cuppa and a catch up with friends or assist your post-workout recovery with a healthy meal, the Supersonic Cafe is the place to be
What makes Supersonic Fitness different from other gyms?
Supersonic isn’t just a gym, it’s a sanctuary. A place where people feel welcome, are known by their name and feel like it’s part of their lifestyle. A place to workout and a place to recover and unwind.
What are your opening times?
Monday to Thursday 6:30am – 8:30pm
Friday 6:30am – 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am – 5:00pm
What classes do you offer?
We have a wide range of classes from high tempo, high intensity classes such as our bespoke Super60 classes, Spin and HIIT to lower impact sculpting classes such as Barre. We also offer holistic classes such as Yoga & Pilates. There is a class for everyone!
More information about our classes can be found here, and a sample timetable can be found here.
Do you have any parking?
Unfortunately, we don’t have any parking at the moment. However there are many car parks within a short walk of Supersonic including:
- Q-Park Shambles – members receive a 20% discount at Q-Park Shambles.
- St George’s Field
- York Piccadilly Car Park
- Coppergate Shopping Centre
Is it true you’re trying to cut down on plastic use?
Our love for health, wellbeing and fitness is matched by our passion for the environment. We’ve stopped providing plastic cups and swimwear bags, and only have water fountains in the gym. We encourage you to bring your Supersonic water bottle and swimwear bag each time you pay us a visit.
How much does it cost to join Supersonic Fitness?
To sign up as a member you need to pay a one-off £72 registration fee. You can find details of our membership options at here. You don’t need to pay anything to sign up for our studio classes.
As part of your registration fee, you receive a:
- stainless steel water bottle, sweat towel, swimwear bag, and canvas tote bag
- Temple Spa travel set and samples
- Supersonic vouchers
- 50% discount on your first PT session
- 3 guest passes